The museum relies on the dedication and commitment of members and volunteers to help in a multitude of ways.
We offer a wide range of opportunities listed below that are subject to availability and applicant’s qualifications. Training is provided by staff.
As an active Member you will receive the following Benefits:
- Free admission to the Museum for you and your guests.
- Emails and Invitations for a wide array of museum activities.
- Free or Reduced Admission to Museum public programs, when available.
- Use of our outdoor waterfront features (Beach and Pier) for you and your guests (on a non-interference basis with scheduled Museum events and facility rentals.
- Member-specific events such as TGIF get-togethers.
As an active Volunteer you could assist in any of the following ways:
- Become a Docent (guide) in the Museum assisting visitors in understanding the world of the watermen and their families from pre-colonial through current times.
- Assist with Children’s education programs during the summer and throughout the school year.
- Help with the planning and running of in-house programs such as social media, information technology, administration, finance, special events, events parking, etc.2
- Assist with the maintenance and upkeep of our museum facilities and grounds.
- Offer to serve on our Board of Directors.