As an active Volunteer you could assist in any of the following ways:
- Become a Docent (guide) in the Museum assisting visitors in understanding the world of the watermen and their families from pre-colonial through current times.
- Assist with Children’s education programs during the summer and throughout the school year.
- Help out during events by cooking, serving food or drinks, taking tickets, running a boat raffle, or helping guests.
- Help manage our parking lot during large-scale Yorktown activities.
- Assist with the maintenance and upkeep of our museum facilities and grounds.
- Help with the planning and running of in-house programs such as: marketing, grant-writing, social media, information technology, administration, finance, special events, events parking, etc.
- Offer to serve on a committee or on our Board of Directors.
Of course, these are only a few of the things our volunteers can help us do. If you have special talents and a desire to help us, please stop by, give us a call, or drop us an email. We would love to explore with you how we can make our museum even better.